Hills & Falls strives to provide a quality, play-based education in a safe, diverse, and nurturing environment with the support of a strong and cohesive community of families and staff.
As a school community, we seek to:
- Support the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of children while readying them for Kindergarten or their next school experience
- Provide the foundations of academic learning and skill development by engaging children in a variety of fun, hands-on experiences that foster creative thinking and problem solving
- Ensure educators have the knowledge, tools, materials, and support necessary to meet the needs of our children and to engage in ongoing learning and self-reflection
- Partner with parents/guardians in the care and education of their children
- Embrace diversity and foster an environment in which differences are respected and appreciated
- Treat all members of our community with care and compassion; and encourage open, reflective and supportive communication
In working with children in the classroom, our director, educators and Parent Helpers are guided by the following principles:
- Foster a love of learning
- Understand that each child is unique
- Observe and gain insight into each child’s individual strengths, and provide the tools needed for individual growth, including outside resources when necessary
- Help children understand and appreciate the diversity of people and perspectives in our society by integrating exposure to differences of race, ethnicity, class, gender, family structure, and ability, into our curriculum
We make every effort to remain informed and up-to-date with the latest developments, techniques and standards in early childhood education.